Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's been a while...

Soooo yea.. so much for me keeping up with my blog. I knew it had been a while since my last post, but damn its been 6 months!

So lets recap on the past 6 months shall we?!

In the last blog I touched on a few things I would like to do/accomplish this year. I took that 9 week healthy cooking class and loved it. I took a few more classes that were one day workshops. Also, I took a 9 week class that focused all on breakfast foods from across the United States. I've made a few things on my own and so far everyone loves it! Hmm I could be on to something... maybe work my way to starting a little catering biz? I'm still playing with the idea of going to culinary school. In the fall the teacher that I took these classes with will be offering a class that gives you an idea of what culinary school will be like, followed by a more advanced class in the spring of '09. He said this will be a good way to determine if this is something you want to pursue. So I'm thinking that I'll definitely take these classes, and also use it to really determine if want to go back to school for culinary arts. So we shall see!

Moving right along... Ok so I'm still living at home and I'm fine with that. I know I said I'd like to move out by the end of the year. My thoughts on that have changed. I think I'm just going to continue to save up so that when I am ready to move out on my own, I can buy my first place (maybe not a house, but a condo/townhouse), rather then rent. I think that's a smart move, don't you? I mean this economy is crazy right now, and the cost of living in New Jersey is even worse.

I traveled to Southern California at the end of February in to March to visit my friend Summer and her family. It was a nice little trip. I wish I could have stayed out there longer and saw more of California. When I left for Cali, it was about 20 degrees in NJ, so when I stepped out of the airport in Cali it was so nice to walk out in to 70 degree weather. Man that smog is no joke! My friend and her husband drove me around parts of SoCal, so I could take in some of the scenery. We went to Laguna Beach, San Diego, Irvine to name a few. We attempted to go to Hollywood so I could see all of the tourist stuff, but the infamous "Santa Ana wind" rolled through so that put damper on that. Next time I hope to go there as well as a few other places.

Hmm what else... Oh I've gone to two Yankees games so far this season. I hope to go to more before the season is over. Being at Yankees Stadium has to be one of the best feelings in the world. I love being there. Hotdogs, beer and baseball! Doesn't get much better than that!

Oh, in case you're wondering I've been keeping up with the gym and doin' my thang with WeightWatchers. It's a work in progress, but I'm getting there :)

Well folks, I think that gives you a little recap of what I've been up to in the past few months, and how I'm doing with the goals I set out for this year. I promise it won't be 6 months 'til my next blog!

I'll leave you with this.. big things are in the works for me. Stay tuned.... :)

No comments: